JUNIOR RULE: 45. CODE OF CONDUCT
1. The following code of behaviour has been recommended by the Victorian Metropolitan Cricket Union (VMCU) for inclusion in local rules books. The Junior Committee has made slight modifications to make it relevant to the Junior Competition.
2. All matches shall be conducted in the true spirit of the game of cricket and club Officials, Coaches, Captains and Players are requested to adopt this code.
3. No player or official shall, during any match, whether on or off the field of play, engage in conduct unbecoming to the game of cricket.
4. Players shall:
(a) Respect the umpire.
(b) Not verbally or physically abuse any umpire.
(c) Not dispute the umpire’s decision nor react in a threatening or disapproving manner.
(d) When given out, move immediately from the field.
(e) Generally assist the umpire in carrying out his duties.
(f) Not indulge in “sledging” of opposition players.
(g) Not verbally or physically abuse opposition players or officials.
5. Clubs shall place all teams under the control of a responsible person.
6. Captains shall:
(a) Instruct all players to avoid time wasting. Incoming and outgoing batsmen are expected to pass on the field of play.
(b) Instruct bowlers to return to the start of their run-up quickly and be ready to bowl without time wasting.
(c) Instruct all fieldsmen to move quickly between overs and whenever required to change position, i.e. field setting and changes be undertaken without time wasting.
(d) Ensure that players conduct themselves in a manner that conforms to the traditional image of the game of cricket.
7. Coaches/Team Managers/Match Officials:
(e) Ensure that their actions serve the best interests of the players from both sides.
(f) Ensure the match is conducted in manner that serves the best interests of Junior Cricket.
(g) Instruct Members, Players, Officials, Parents and Spectators from their club, of their obligation to behave in a manner that serves the best interest of Junior Cricket.
(h) Make every effort to remove Members, Players, Officials, Parents and Spectators from the venue of the match who are not behaving in a manner that serves the best interests of Junior Cricket.
8. No alcohol shall be consumed by players or match officials during the hours of play.
9. Players shall maintain a standard of dress consistent with Junior Rule 31.
10. Clubs, through their designated Team Manager, will be responsible for the behaviour of their supporters and spectators.
11. Persons registered with the Ringwood and District Cricket Association Inc. (RDCA) who post on the RDCA website or on a club website will be subject to the rules of the RDCA.
We would like to welcome Glenn Spencer to the Panther family for season 2020/21. In the 2018/19 season Glenn made 452 @ 30.13 in Bill Wilkins Cup, claiming Read more
Chirnside Park Cricket Club Inc. (A0009705T) Established 1984 ABN: 24 710 866 457 Kimberley Reserve, 33 Kimberley Drive, Chirnside Park VIC 3116 PO Box Read more
We would like to welcome Tom Taylor to the Panther family for season 2020/21 and beyond. Tom is a very talented 18 year old top order bat and has shown Read more
Chirnside Park Cricket Club is excited to announce our senior coaching team for the 2020/21 season. Shane Walliker will take the mantle of senior coach, Read more